3.31.2006

Changing River



Just like the river...... you can never read the same book twice.

I purchased The Way of Zhuang Zi (Chuang Tzu) for a friend and thought back to the first time that I read that book, at about the age of twelve. Though I had no experience with Daoism or religious thought, observing 'how things are' and the natural flow that seems to exist within all life systems has always fascinated me, even before I knew how to describe or understand what I was seeing. Through the years, as I reread Zhuang Zi, different aspects stood out or fell into the shadows as life experience, insight, and the stages of life cast their light on the book. My life moved by like a river, and reading Zhuang Zi, so full of multiple layers of meaning, one layer would sprout, hiding another, coming back years later, like an micro-ecosystem. I realize now that a book is not a static learning tool but a living, teaching part of this world that moves with the stream. None of us can ever read the same book as each other, and none of us can ever read the same book twice. This is what makes like so beautiful and grand......change.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Casey Kochmer said...

to live is to change

isn't it strange how so many hold on to static definitions, while living is the fire of change?

book are very much a reflection of this and how we hold on to them as if they were static, which they shouldnt be.

peace

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Tawheed Procation said...

Such works demands admiration. Thanks.

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous The World Bookmarking said...

Eligible work. Worthy of applause. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home